Monday, March 4, 2013

So I completed Vesper.5

Yup. Yesterday I completed the one-move-per-day game, Vesper.5!
All in all, it took a bit over a hundred moves(days) to complete the game... I was kinda disappointed how it ended, though.

















Just to clarify, the game is very limiting to play in that you are only allowed to move one tile space per day... you're supposed to make playing the game every day become some sort of ritual or habit for yourself. I started playing the game sometime way back in November last year... and I completed it on March 3rd(yesterday). I was disappointed with the ending, though... not that it was terrible[SPOILERS AHEAD]... I just expected the red cloaked dude to be headed towards some greater destination, not a simple credits screen containing the word "Complete" on it. Now, some of you may be thinking, what's wrong with a credits screen? It's not that I don't like credits, it's that I think, considering the amount of effort required to complete the game, I deserve a bit more of a reward. I even came up with an idea for how the game could have ended better.

You stand directly above the ending red portal, taking a deep breath, you press the down arrow key. The screen fades to white as the portal does it's magic. Suddenly, you find yourself in a much more colorful world, grass waves in the wind, birds flock near a water brook. Then, boom! A giant rock-creature stomps behind you. You would race the creature, heading left, as always... and this time you won't have to wait a day before making each move. Then after the race, the game would end with the player rising into the sky whilst a rainbow glimmers in the background or something.

My two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Comments are tasty.