Saturday, October 13, 2012

Muon (old freeware game)

So, anyway I guess I was browsing through featured games on the Yoyogames sandbox and I found this old game called Muon. It was released in 2007, which doesn't mean it's a bad game or anything, I decided to try it out because I liked how simplistic it looked from the screenshots... I was not disappointed.










The game is a traditional platformer in which you can double jump, the goal in each level is to collect all the yellow rectangle things and then the exit will start working so you can go to the next level. In addition to this, each level is procedurally generated!
On each level you will start out with 3 yellow circles rotating around the player. Whenever you collect a yellow rectangle, another yellow circle begins rotating around you. This is not a meaningless graphical detail, those rotating circles actually represent powers, powers you can use by pressing the down arrow key. If you are in midair and you've already used your double-jump, you may need to jump a bit higher, so you can use this power to jump higher. Likewise, if you are on a block, you can use it to destroy the block(this is useful if there are ever any yellow rectangles that are surrounded by blocks). These powers are not infinite, use your circles carefully! :P

After you beat the 10th and final level you are given your score, which is based on how quickly you beat the game. It would be nice if there were online highscores, but the manual way will have to suffice. I went as fast as I could and managed to get 150350.

Overall, I'd say Muon is a refreshingly simple & fun game, that is slightly repetitive due to not having more than a few different objects. Adding some keys & doors, some monsters, etc. would be very beneficial(but that is not likely to happen). It's still a fun game, however, and I highly recommend you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Comments are tasty.