Wednesday, August 24, 2011

new game for gamejolt comp

I've just started working on a new game for a competition over at GameJolt. The comp is being hosted by Indie(function). The theme is "music interpretation". Here is their poster:
Click for full size.
So when I heard about the competition, I started listening to some tracks. Eventually I found one that reminded me of an old idea I once had. A boss battle that never ended, the boss just got stronger and stronger with more attacks. Your score would be whatever level the boss was at when you died. So I started working on it right away!

Infinibattle
   The player is the guy with the cape.

The battle is fought on the edge of a cliff. Farther to the right is a tall boulder that cannot be leapt over.
I'm pretty happy with it so far. Also, does this screenshot *cough* remind you of anything?

-orange08

1 comment:

Leave a comment. Comments are tasty.